Monday, October 11, 2010

Progress 10/11

Time to finally put Assassin's Creed to bed for Round 3. For some reason I just never got around to playing it. So, here we go:

There are a couple of minor things I can do that put together will constitute a checkmark. First, I can save another citizen from being pushed around. That's a fun sword fight. I truly almost screw it up after I leap in, in dramatic fashion with my small wrist knife and kill the first one. But then I don't get my sword out in time and the other thugs start wailing on me. My only chance is to rush away, which allows other guards to involve themselves. But I get my sword out. Now it's my turn hoo hah! I whack-a-mole them one at a time, slicing and dicing until they are all dead. The helpless woman I saved thanks me, and some vigilantes take up position. They'll be very helpful later.

Now for part two, which is to climb to the top of a tower to get another Eagle View of the city. There is a guard blocking where I need to go, and no way to sneak around him. We engage in a quality dual on the top of a roof, very cool. Finally I stab him through the heart. That's what you get for doing your job, sucker!

Checkmark Achieved. That's it for the Rockstar Category games for round 3, unlocking them all for round 4. Only that damn Ace mission in Mercenaries to go before Round 3 is a wrap!
____________________________________________________________________________

Time for a Shooter: Fallout 3! Okay, so I blew up all of the generators. I head back to the Engine Room, to find my crew under siege from some alien scumbags! We kill them all, but poor Endicott gets it in the head. He's dead! NOOOOOOOO! He. Was. Such. A. Nice. Guy!

I have to put on the spaceship and go out onto the ship to find a way to activate the teleportation systems that were turned off. I run around on the top of the ship. One time, I fall off and float awaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Re-Boot! I press some doohickeys on the outside of the ship, and get teleported back inside. My crew follows me, and we head into an observation room. The big alien nasty guy growls at us in his indecipherable language, then points a Death Ray at Planet Earth! Uht Oh. Looks like we're not leaving quite yet.

I'll have to disable the death ray, and presumably kill the big boss. But, that's for next round.

This is a story progression checkmark. Yee-Ahhh!
________________________________________________________________________


The Scoreboard for Round 3:

EPIC - OTHER GENRES 5 of 6 defeated
Kingdom Hearts - 3
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - 3
Mercenaries - 2 (Super Long Ace Mission!)
Rogue Galaxy - 3
Star Ocean - 3
Xenosaga - 3
____________________________________________________________

Round 4 Scoreboard:

MIND TEASERS: 1 of 6
Chess Titans - 3
Gabriel Knight - 3
Mahjong Titans - 3
Sherlock Holmes - 3
Spider Solitaire - 4
World Series of Poker - 3 (I'm broke! Need to win in some cash games)

STRATEGY: 0 of 6
Civilization 4 - 3
Gladius - 3
Master of Orion: 3
Space Empires - 3 (45 minutes played)
Suikoden Tactics - 3
World of Mixed Martial Arts - 3

SHOOTER: 1 of 6
Crysis - 3
Fallout 3 - 4
Killzone - 3
Medal Of Honor - European Assault: 3  (5 sub-missions makes for a tough scenario)
Ring of Red - 3
Star Wars Battlefront - 3

PURE ACTION: 0 of 6
Devil May Cry - 3 (Which way do I go? Huh? Huh? Huh?)
God of War - 3
Gran Turismo 3 -  3
Madden Football - 3
Soul Reaver 2 - 3
Soul Caliber - 3

SWORD SLASHERS - 1 of 6
Champions: Return to Arms - 4
Dark Cloud - 3
Drakengard - 3
.Hack Infection - 3
 Oblivion: Elder Scrolls - 3
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams - 3

EPIC - FANTASY - 0 of 6
Dragon's Age Origin - 2
Dragon's Quest 8 - 3
Final Fantasy 12 - 3 (Level Grinding in Progress)
Suikoden 3 - 3
Suikoden 4 - 3
Suikoden 5 - 3 (Level Grinding in Progress)

EPIC - OTHER GENRES Locked
Kingdom Hearts - 3
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - 3
Mercenaries - 2
Rogue Galaxy - 3
Star Ocean - 3
Xenosaga - 3

ROCKSTAR MISSION BASED - 0 of 6
Assassin's Creed - 3
GTA: Liberty City Stories - 3
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction - 3
Manhunt 2 - 3
The Warriors - 3
Urbz - 3

GAMES THAT GOT THE BOOT DUE TO SUCKAGE

STRATEGY
1) Europa Universalis III

SWORD SLASHERS
1) Shadows of Rome

SHOOTERS
1) Freedom Fighters





No comments:

Post a Comment