Thursday, October 14, 2010

Progress 10/14

I start off today with Suikoden: Tactics. I load up my people with healing potions and since I am done level griding in the ruins, I head off the current island. Before I go the king's daughter and her bodyguard join my crew! I now have 10 characters in my party.

I check out the next three islands and there is nothing to do but visit shops, which I do.

Then on the fourth island the storyline continues. There is a powerful dude and his minions setting up a rune cannon. We fight!

I can only use 9 characters, so I leave the princess's bodyguard off the roster. I wipe through the first wave and then after losing Mizugi and the Princess in the fight, I wipe out the rest of them with my seven remaining characters.

Mizugi and Azuka (I think that's how you spell their names) say they will head back to the King to report the treaty infraction, and we are to remain here. We agree to check out the town. But this is where I save the game. That's a checkmark.
_____________________________________________________________________

I put in Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. In yet another insanely difficult mission, I have to get to a spot on the map within 40 seconds, then follow a helicopter around while lots of enemies try to blow me up.

I fail to get to the destination the first three times, then I get there, and the helicopter evades me after about twenty seconds, and I fail the mission again. Urghhh!

I'll come back to this when I am feeling more dextrous and patient.
__________________________________________________________________

GTA: Liberty City Stories: After my last mission success, I have opened up two new places to get missions from. I decide to check out "C" whatever that is, and it turns out to be my character's Ma's place. HAH!

She complains that I never called her the entire time I was in prison, but this other guy calls his mother every day. That dude's a pervert I tell Ma. She tells me where I can stick it. Alrighty then!

I head home and pick up my camera. I go over to the deli and start following the guy around. I'll show you what I mean Ma! He picks up a couple of prostitutes and I follow him, not too closely so he doesn't notice.

He heads into a deserted park, and I follow him in. He changes into a diaper and chases the now horrified prostitutes around. I get too close he spots me, MISSION FAIL. Gah!

Re-Boot: This time I keep my distance, use the camera properly, and take a snapshot of him in his diaper. I get back over to Ma's place, but she gives me whatfor anyway. I guess one of my chores in this game will be to regain Ma's respect.

Mission Complete. That's a checkmark.
_______________________________________________________________________
I try out Drakengard 2. I am going to try the extra land-based mission.

Holy $#@^%%$!! There's a million monsters to hack through, and once I do, they give me three giant trolls to destroy. I am not high level enough for this one. Guess I'll switch over to the next main mission next time I try this game during this round.
___________________________________________________________________________

Crysis

I head through more KPA territory and finally meet up at a checkpoint with the rest of the crew. Uh. There's a battleship listed as being from San Diego, and its on land, and its frozen! The crew freaks out and demands answers from our leader, who tells us we have all the information that we need.

Suddenly a frickin' giant alien thing arrives and snatches Jester! Holy $#%!! We hightail it after him, passing lots of North Korean corpses as well. We find Jester's corpse. He's a goner. Our leader tells us he has no idea what's going on any more than we do. That's just great! He vaporizes Jester's corpse so the special tech nano suit can't be confiscated by the North Koreans, and we move on.

Chapter Two of the game begins, and we quickly find a radio station. Apparently "It" went this way, since all the North Koreans are dead. Through the live radio signals, we quickly ascertain that one of the hostages is being kept in a nearby building. Guess who's job it becomes to scan it out for intel? That's right. This GUY.

I kill lots of North Koreans as I make my way to the site, taking over a car and blasting the hell out of a bunch of guys on the road. I steal a boat, because stealing things is what good guys do, and enter the village that is my target.

It's one helluva gunfight from there. There's like 20 dudes against just me. But I wipe them out little by little and eventually its just me and a bunch of empty buildings. I find a rocket launcher. Nice! I learn from the intel that they are holding the hostage in a nearby school. Guess where I'm going? Next round, that is.

This is a checkmark.
____________________________________________________________________

Round 3 Scoreboard:
EPIC - OTHER GENRES 5 of 6
Kingdom Hearts - 3
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - 3
Mercenaries - 2
Rogue Galaxy - 3
Star Ocean - 3
Xenosaga - 3

Round 4 Scoreboard:

MIND TEASERS: 2 of 6
Chess Titans - 3
Gabriel Knight - 3
Mahjong Titans - 4
Sherlock Holmes - 3
Spider Solitaire - 4
World Series of Poker - 3 (I'm broke! Need to win in some cash games)

STRATEGY: 3 of 6
Civilization 4 - 4
Gladius - 3
Master of Orion: 4
Space Empires - 3 (45 minutes played)
Suikoden Tactics - 4
World of Mixed Martial Arts - 3

SHOOTER: 2 of 6
Crysis - 4
Fallout 3 - 4
Killzone - 3
Medal Of Honor - European Assault: 3  (5 sub-missions makes for a tough scenario)
Ring of Red - 3
Star Wars Battlefront - 3

PURE ACTION: 2 of 6
Devil May Cry - 3 (Which way do I go? Huh? Huh? Huh?)
God of War - 4
Gran Turismo 3 -  4
Madden Football - 3
Soul Reaver 2 - 3
Soul Caliber - 3

SWORD SLASHERS - 1 of 6
Champions: Return to Arms - 4
Dark Cloud - 3
Drakengard - 3
.Hack Infection - 3
 Oblivion: Elder Scrolls - 3
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams - 3

EPIC - FANTASY - 2 of 6
Dragon's Age Origin - 2
Dragon's Quest 8 - 3
Final Fantasy 12 - 3 (Level Grinding in Progress)
Suikoden 3 - 3
Suikoden 4 - 4
Suikoden 5 - 4

EPIC - OTHER GENRES 1 of 6
Kingdom Hearts - 3
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - 3
Mercenaries - 2
Rogue Galaxy - 3
Star Ocean - 4
Xenosaga - 3

ROCKSTAR MISSION BASED - 2 of 6
Assassin's Creed - 3
GTA: Liberty City Stories - 4
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction - 3
Manhunt 2 - 3
The Warriors - 3
Urbz - 4

GAMES THAT GOT THE BOOT DUE TO SUCKAGE

STRATEGY
1) Europa Universalis III

SWORD SLASHERS
1) Shadows of Rome

SHOOTERS
1) Freedom Fighters

No comments:

Post a Comment