Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Progress 10/13

I start out with a little Sim action, I put in The Urbz.  I was in mid-party when I achieved my last checkmark, so the party continues! I socialize until I get enough points to unlock a necessary item. Now I can purchase the object I need to start increasing my artistic ability, that's what I've been trying to figure out how to unlock for awhile now. Woo Hoo.

I get some sleep, and the party naturally ends. Time to head to the new area I unlocked last session, Neon somethingorother.

I go there, everybody is dressed in wacky pastel colors. I find the place to buy those kinds of clothes, and do. I need to do that in a couple of the other districts, you have to dress like the locals in order to get into the clubs, which is essential in this game.

I then go to the Sushi Restaurant and take a job making sushi. I love sushi! Yee-Ahhh! I make lots of sushi, do a good job, and get my checkmark. But, before I close this down, I go over to the shop and buy a few objects, including one that will allow me to increase artistic skill for next round.

We're outta here.
_____________________________________________________________________

I put in Civilization 4. I had just started a new game in the last round. I have significantly suffered in city growth due to my island being completely jungle. But, I finally unlocked the technology near the end of last round that lets me convert jungle, and as a result, I can now start making new cities. My goal is to get to at least six cities in this session.

A lot of civilizations show up by boat, and its clear I am waaaaaay behind the curve. 200 full points behind virtually every other civilization. That's bad. But it is the early part of the game. There is a chance that I can make a comeback through sound expansion and development of a quality military. With those as my goals, I load up my island until I get to seven cities. This of course wrecks my economy due to the nature of the game. But I develop currency and a court system in order to counter this. It will be slow going to fix my economy but I needed to rush out a bunch of cities to have any chance at all of catching up to the rest of the pack.

An hour passes and its time to turn the game off. My goals for next session will be to double my cities to fifteen, not something I usually go for in civilization 4, but it will be the only way to chance the initial curve downwards back in my favor. To do this, I will need to develop boats capable of finding new areas for me to colonize, as my island is loaded up completely. I may be able to sneak one more city into a spot, but I need to find other areas to colonize next round.

Anyway, that's a checkmark.
_______________________________________________________________________
Another couple attempts at the Ace mission in Mercenaries. I got halfway through this time before getting wasted. Damn, this is long and difficult. I'll get it though! Just not today.
______________________________________________________________________

Time to finish up in Suikoden 5. Just have to wander around the forest until my characters level up to 17, and they are close. Yeah, 5 fights is all it took. That's a checkmark, we're done level grinding in this game.
___________________________________________________________________________

I load up Mahjong Titans. I choose the Cat design, 1 of 3 left to solve. I've only tried this one one time before. And I am on a roll! Boom! Cat design defeated. That's a checkmark.
___________________________________________________________________________
I feel like violating the rules a little, I want to play Star Ocean.

I complete the entire first mission, defeating Norton and his gang and helping the little village out, and now thanks to the strange dude who appeared to help me, Vahn, I am apparently now getting off the planet.

Checkmark acquired.
_____________________________________________________________________
God of War! I head into the sewers of Athens, destroy 100 million monsters and end up on the other side of the city. That's a checkmark.
___________________________________________________________________________


The Scoreboard for Round 3:

EPIC - OTHER GENRES 5 of 6 defeated
Kingdom Hearts - 3
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - 3
Mercenaries - 2 (Super Long Ace Mission!)
Rogue Galaxy - 3
Star Ocean - 3
Xenosaga - 3
____________________________________________________________

Round 4 Scoreboard:

MIND TEASERS: 2 of 6
Chess Titans - 3
Gabriel Knight - 3
Mahjong Titans - 4
Sherlock Holmes - 3
Spider Solitaire - 4
World Series of Poker - 3 (I'm broke! Need to win in some cash games)

STRATEGY: 2 of 6
Civilization 4 - 4
Gladius - 3
Master of Orion: 4
Space Empires - 3 (45 minutes played)
Suikoden Tactics - 3
World of Mixed Martial Arts - 3

SHOOTER: 1 of 6
Crysis - 3
Fallout 3 - 4
Killzone - 3
Medal Of Honor - European Assault: 3  (5 sub-missions makes for a tough scenario)
Ring of Red - 3
Star Wars Battlefront - 3

PURE ACTION: 2 of 6
Devil May Cry - 3 (Which way do I go? Huh? Huh? Huh?)
God of War - 4
Gran Turismo 3 -  4
Madden Football - 3
Soul Reaver 2 - 3
Soul Caliber - 3

SWORD SLASHERS - 1 of 6
Champions: Return to Arms - 4
Dark Cloud - 3
Drakengard - 3
.Hack Infection - 3
 Oblivion: Elder Scrolls - 3
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams - 3

EPIC - FANTASY - 2 of 6
Dragon's Age Origin - 2
Dragon's Quest 8 - 3
Final Fantasy 12 - 3 (Level Grinding in Progress)
Suikoden 3 - 3
Suikoden 4 - 4
Suikoden 5 - 4

EPIC - OTHER GENRES 1 of 6
Kingdom Hearts - 3
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - 3
Mercenaries - 2
Rogue Galaxy - 3
Star Ocean - 4
Xenosaga - 3

ROCKSTAR MISSION BASED - 1 of 6
Assassin's Creed - 3
GTA: Liberty City Stories - 3
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction - 3
Manhunt 2 - 3
The Warriors - 3
Urbz - 4

GAMES THAT GOT THE BOOT DUE TO SUCKAGE

STRATEGY
1) Europa Universalis III

SWORD SLASHERS
1) Shadows of Rome

SHOOTERS
1) Freedom Fighters





No comments:

Post a Comment