Monday, August 30, 2010

8/30 Progress

I found Freedom Fighters, an old computer game from 2003 that has the Soviet Union taking over the world and assaulting New York City, in a drawer and realized that I had only played through it at normal level. Since I need a 6th Shooter, this will do until I acquire something new in that genre.

Wow, going from Crysis to this is like night and day. As in, this game looks and plays much crappier than Crysis. But, its still a fun game, at least as far as I remember.

I played through the tutorial mission where you follow Mr. Jones around (Ooh, mysterious), kill Russians and learn how to use the controls. We have a slick hideout in the...eh...Manhattan sewers...yuck.

I then blew up a gas station in Brooklyn to scorch snipers guarding the police station. That'll show you who's boss, Ruskies! Yee-Ahh! That's two checkmarks, to even this up with the rest of the field.
____________________________________________________________________________
Went after Mahjong Titans again. 0-3! When I put this game on the list, it was as an afterthought, really. I crushed the first design, Turtle, in the second game. I figured I'd whip though the other 5 designs and it wouldn't be an issue. But I haven't won since. I have come very close three times, but close is not a checkmark. Bah! I can't match stuffs well.
________________________________________________________________________________
Started on the new level in Champions: Return to Arms. Hmm, the Elven City of Kelthin. Now that I am well into this game, let's see what kind of super original monster types there are for me to fight this time! The anticipation is killing me. They....are....

Orcs. Oh.

Okay, then. Slay the orcs! Funny, there are chests with lots of gold all over the place for me to take. Yet, I am saving the Elven village. So, basically, I am pillaging from the Elves as I save them. I'm a hero!

Orcs have a hero too. His name is Orc Hero. And I thought Mr. Jones was a bad character name.

Orc Hero is super-tough. I got slay-i-fied seven times by him, I'll have to come up with a plan. Yeah, a plan. Here it is: We'll come back to this game later. Take that, Orc Hero!

I bravely run away, away away away....brave, brave, brave, brave, Sir AL!
___________________________________________________________________________

MIND TEASERS:
Chess Titans - 1
Gabriel Knight - 1
Mahjong Titans - 1
Sherlock Holmes - 2
Spider Solitaire - 2
World Series of Poker - 1

STRATEGY:
Civilization - 2
Europa Universalis - 1
Gladius - 2
Space Empires - 1 (1/2 hour played. 1/2 hour to go until checkmark)
Suikoden Tactics - 1
World of Mixed Martial Arts - 2

SHOOTER:
Crysis - 2
Fallout 3 - 1
Freedom Fighters - 2
Killzone - 2
Resident Evil 4 - 1
Ring of Red - 1

PURE ACTION:
Devil May Cry - 2
God of War - 1
Madden Football - 2
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams - 2
Soul Reaver 2 - 2
Soul Caliber - 1

SWORD SLASHERS
Champions: Return to Arms - 1 (Hacking Orcs A' Plenty)
Dark Cloud - 1
Drakengard - 2
.Hack Infection - 1 (Level Grinding in progress)
Oblivion: Elder Scrolls - 1
Shadow of Rome - 1

EPIC - FANTASY
Dragon's Age Origin - 1
Dragon's Quest 8 - 1
Final Fantasy 12 - 1
Suikoden 3 - 1
Suikoden 4 - 2
Suikoden 5 - 1

EPIC - OTHER GENRES
Kingdom Hearts - 1
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - 2
Mercenaries - 1
Rogue Galaxy - 1
Star Ocean - 1
Xenosaga - 1

ROCKSTAR MISSION BASED
Assassin's Creed - 1
GTA: Liberty City Stories - 1
Hulk - 1
Manhunt 2 - 1
The Warriors - 1
Urbz - 1

No comments:

Post a Comment