Sunday, September 26, 2010

Progress 9/26

May as well try Ring of Red for the second time this round. Last time around, I was foolish with my strategy, got my light mech wiped out early and then put my main guy in jeopardy. As soon as he was toasted by repeated attacks by the enemy, it was GAME OVER. I'm not going to employ those dumbass tactics again.

Very Japanese Anime' EH?

So I have to try and stop the Experimental Mech #3 from making it to a ship and escaping, cause like, that's our property or something. Unfortunately, there's a bunch of other mechs ready to run interference. They are inferior models but there are a bunch of them. Alrighty then!

I gots snipers! Duck suckahbutt!

We move forward en masse and obliterate the first two mechs. My aim is much better today than the first time I played this game. This isn't one I can do at three in the morning. My characters are still low level and their aim percentage is not good. So hitting the enemy takes a lot of concentration.

BECAUSE THIS IS IMPORTANT OR SOMETHING!

We blow shit up!

I begin to advance across the map. But the Experimental 3 makes it to the docks. Of course he does, he's got ten guys running interference for him. He has a long conversation with his boss, and they are all like "How's the new mech HAR HAR!" "Dude, It's awesome HAR HAR!" and I'm all like "I'm coming to get you!" And they're all like "HAR HAR!"

I blow more shit up!

How does that taste, A-Hole?



A second round of enemies appears just when I think I have a clear line to Experimental 3, and the Red Phantom dude that stole it. Yes, his name is the Red Phantom. What about it? He fights crime when he's not stealing my stuff.

I have a couple of tougher battles with the Ugly-Come-Latelies, the terrain matters and my aim is worse in woods and cities or something. But I whittle them all down and eventually it is the four of my units versus the one big dude guarding the docks.


You are surrounded. But I admire your resolve to fight to the death. Here it comes, suckah!
He holds court for awhile, staving off my attacks and forcing me to retreat and heal. But eventually I get enough of my units in position and I blow his shit up!

He's the last one, and after searching the docks, apparently The Red Phantom got away. Somewhere in the ocean, he is Har Har'ing!

But so am I. Because it's Mission Complete. That's a checkmark! Yee-AHHH!
________________________________________________________________________

Time to finally attempt the Ace Mission in Mercenaries. This should be a long, detailed mission since its the ACE of one of the suits. I haven't had the time to really try it in my schedule, but it's finally time.

I load up the game and find myself in the South Korean city, where I ended up last time after capturing the King. I head to the U.N. base, to talk to the Allied Forces leader and get the Ace Mission.

And here we go:

If my mom named me Dung, I'd become a notorious criminal too!



I get dropped off by helicopter onto a small island. I have three major objectives, two of them necessary for mission completion, one optional but it looks like a damn good idea.

Objectives:

Optional:
Clear the Landing Zone on the south of the island so that you get assistance from some troops!

Mandatory:
1) Destroy all three of the Jammer Machines, situated at different spots on the island and all heavily guarded.

2) Capture or Kill the Ace of Clubs. 

Yeah. This is going to take awhile, at least an hour to accomplish. Okay, then let's get started!

As soon as I get dropped off, I get fired at. I kill six North Koreans guarding a...er...burning shack. I can see what that's important. Not!



Protect the Shack!

There's ammunition and health packs around the shack area, and I hop into a North Korean military vehicle, which temporarily fools everybody into thinking I am one of them.
Once I clear them out, my boys can storm the island!

 I head towards the south of the island past a couple of the heavily guarded jammers, to where thelanding zone needs to be cleared so I can get me some backup!

There are six dudes there, though. I get out of my vehicle, and start shooting them. But one of them has a missle launcher and blows me to Kingdom Come! Game Over!

Attempt #2: This time I run the first two over with my stolen vehicle. Yee-Ahhh! They turn on the alarm. Uh oh. A helicopter soars in. I exit my vehicle and accidentally hit the wrong button, switching to my rocket pack. I fire point blank at a bunch of dudes, killing them all but taking my health all the way down.

The helicopter makes short work of me.

BAH. I am out of time since the Giants-Titans game will be on at 1 PM, and I anticipate this mission taking an hour from start to finish. So, we'll get back to this another day. I will get you DUNG!
___________________________________________________________________________________

You know what time it is.

I go through the first few phases of the mission without issue: Hide from the initial helicopter, kill the six enemies that charge through the fence, go up the stairs, kill the two dudes coming from the left, grab the sniper rifle, kill the guy stupidly charging down the stairs by himself.

Snipe the four guys across the way. Here's where I usually die! Me and Dopey, and Sneezy and Miley Cyrusy shoot at the guys down the stairs. This time I stay up top, and we kill them all! WHAT?

I slowly, tentatively creep down the stairs. And proceed to get sniped at from across the way! Why you! Me and the boys fire back. I use my own sniper rifle to burst two of their heads like watermelons! Sneezy takes one in the brain. No, SNEEEZZZZY! THE HUMANITY! 

Everything's quiet. Way too quiet. I rush across the way. I hear some dudes yelling "Kill him!" There's a good indication that I've found the bad guys. There's only two of them, and four of us. Bad formula for them. We eliminate them.

There's a long bridge with a door at the end. That must be the next place to go! I charge over to it, like a dumb ass. I can't open it. It's locked. Bullets rip into me from seemingly everywhere! What? No NOOO!

 
Me = Dead


I start over. I do all that again. This time, it's Miley Cyrusy that takes an SMG burst at short range in the pancreas. That couldn't have felt good. He dies in my arms as a sad theme song plays! WE WILL REVENGE YOU MILEY CYRUSY OF DWARF UNIT!

This time, I get a better look off the bridge to see what shot me. Ah HAH.


Ah. Tanks with machine gunners on top. But as you can see, my sniper rifle is the equalizer! Eat it!

I snipe the two machine gunners on the tanks. Their brains make nice designs on the pavement. One of my guys opens the door ahead of me and I rush through. Mission Complete. YEE-AAHHH

Finally. Only 17 tries to make it happen, but I have got the checkmark! And ironically, the category I have had the most difficulty with, is the one I fully complete the first in round 3. Nice!

I only hit targets 20 percent of the time. HAHA.


_______________________________________________________________________________________
The Scoreboard: Round Three!

MIND TEASERS: 5 of 6 defeated
Chess Titans - 3
Gabriel Knight - 3
Mahjong Titans - 3
Sherlock Holmes - 2 (Amok in the Black Edelweis. In Sweden, I mean Switzerland!)
Spider Solitaire - 3
World Series of Poker - 3

STRATEGY: 5 of 6 defeated
Civilization 4 - 3
Gladius - 3
Master of Orion: 3
Space Empires - 2
Suikoden Tactics - 3
World of Mixed Martial Arts - 3

SHOOTER: COMPLETE
Crysis - 3
Fallout 3 - 3
Killzone - 3
Medal Of Honor - European Assault: 3
Ring of Red - 3
Star Wars Battlefront - 3

PURE ACTION: 5 of 6 defeated
Devil May Cry - 3
God of War - 3
Gran Turismo 3 -  3
Madden Football - 2
Soul Reaver 2 - 3
Soul Caliber - 3

SWORD SLASHERS - 5 of 6 defeated
Champions: Return to Arms - 3
Dark Cloud - 3
Drakengard - 3
.Hack Infection - 3
 Oblivion: Elder Scrolls - 2
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams - 3

EPIC - FANTASY - 5 of 6 defeated
Dragon's Age Origin - 2
Dragon's Quest 8 - 3
Final Fantasy 12 - 3
Suikoden 3 - 3
Suikoden 4 - 3
Suikoden 5 - 3

EPIC - OTHER GENRES 4 of 6 defeated
Kingdom Hearts - 3
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - 3
Mercenaries - 2
Rogue Galaxy - 3
Star Ocean - 3
Xenosaga - 2  (Running through Menopause, I mean Merkabah)

ROCKSTAR MISSION BASED 5 of 6
Assassin's Creed - 2
GTA: Liberty City Stories - 3
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction - 3
Manhunt 2 - 3
The Warriors - 3
Urbz - 3

GAMES THAT GOT THE BOOT DUE TO SUCKAGE

STRATEGY
1) Europa Universalis III

SWORD SLASHERS
1) Shadows of Rome

SHOOTERS
1) Freedom Fighters






No comments:

Post a Comment