Thursday, September 9, 2010

Progress 9/9

Insanity Alert! I am switching out a Shooter Game, and replacing it with another. The game I am switching out is Resident Evil 4. I played the hell out of this game, its among my favorites of all time, and I thought maybe I'd try it again at Hard Level. Some day I will.

But, I find myself unmotivated to insert the disc, because there aren't any surprises for me, I beat everything in the game already. With Eric Enright's donation of a ton of new Playstation 2 games, I find myself with a bevy of new choices. So....I am putting in Star Wars Battlefront!

This game rules. I actually played this on the X-Box and am eager to see how it'll play on the PS2.

Oh yeeaaaah! The unbridled chaos. The hundreds of laser rifle beams soaring all around me, the grenade explosions, the familiar theme songs. This is what I'm talking about!

For the purposes of this system, I will play Galactic Conquest, which means that I need to defeat the opposing side by taking over all of the planets. There are a bunch of planets and two war fronts in each. To take a planet, you need to own both battlefronts.

There are four different campaigns to choose from, and I am going to ease into this game by trying it on easy level. I choose to assault Naboo. Getting used to the controls is easy, and I soon find myself killing Storm Troopers right and left! Of course, they kill me a ton of times too! That's what happens in this game.

However, in the end, we defeat them with 80 of our soldiers left to only 3 cowards who ran away on their side. Bah. Face the end like a man. Easy level may be too easy, we'll see. If I cruise through the campaign, then I'll upgrade to the next difficulty level for the next campaign.

Anyway, that's a checkmark.
_____________________________________________________________________

Time for some more Xenosaga. I prepare myself for a boring level grind session. Using the simulator scenario area, I proceed to vaporize soldiers and helicopters by the score. It isn't a challenge, and I quickly accrue 24,000 credits. I leave the simulator and upgrade my characters, buying them every upgrade available. This takes about thirty minutes. YAWN.

Now we're stylin' and profilin' like the Nature Boy Ric Flair. WOOOOOOOOOOO!!

That is one of my two goals accomplished. The second is to raise my characters from 33rd level to 35th level. Thanks to this session, everyone rises to 34th. Halfway home. I have about 8000 experience points to accrue for the next level. So we're looking at a few more level grinding sessions before I can get the checkmark. I probably should have started this earlier in the round. I'll keep that in mind for level grinding in the Insanity Project in the future.

Anyway, I've had enough of this for now. We'll get back to more level grinding later.
____________________________________________________________________________
Here's where we are on the ol' scoreboard: Round 2!


MIND TEASERS: COMPLETE
Chess Titans - 2
Gabriel Knight - 2
Mahjong Titans - 2
Sherlock Holmes - 2
Spider Solitaire - 2
World Series of Poker - 2

STRATEGY: COMPLETE
Civilization - 2
Europa Universalis - 2
Gladius - 2
Space Empires - 2
Suikoden Tactics - 2
World of Mixed Martial Arts - 2

SHOOTER: COMPLETE
Crysis - 2
Fallout 3 - 2
Freedom Fighters - 2
Killzone - 2
Ring of Red - 2
Star Wars Battlefront - 2

PURE ACTION: 5 of 6 defeated
Devil May Cry - 2
God of War - 1
Madden Football - 2
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams - 2
Soul Reaver 2 - 2
Soul Caliber - 2

SWORD SLASHERS 5 of 6 defeated
Champions: Return to Arms - 2
Dark Cloud - 2
Drakengard - 2
.Hack Infection - 1 (Level Grinding in progress)
Oblivion: Elder Scrolls - 2
Shadow of Rome - 2

EPIC - FANTASY 5 of 6 defeated
Dragon's Age Origin - 1
Dragon's Quest 8 - 2
Final Fantasy 12 - 2
Suikoden 3 - 2
Suikoden 4 - 2
Suikoden 5 - 2

EPIC - OTHER GENRES 5 of 6 defeated
Kingdom Hearts - 2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - 2
Mercenaries - 2
Rogue Galaxy - 2
Star Ocean - 2
Xenosaga - 1 (level grinding in progress)

ROCKSTAR MISSION BASED 5 of 6 defeated
Assassin's Creed - 2
GTA: Liberty City Stories - 1 (Pimpin' Ain't Easy!)
Hulk - 2
Manhunt 2 - 2
The Warriors - 2
Urbz - 2

No comments:

Post a Comment